EST. 2010

Great Bargain Buys Under Rs100

My one prerequisite while buying cosmetics and skin products is that they should deliver what they claim.Over the years I have come to realize that the price tag is not an indication of how good a product can be.All of us goof-up while buying stuff and nothing is more of a mood killer when you end up with rotten products that cost you a leg and a half.
But I have managed to find some great stuff which apart from being pocket friendly(less than 100 bucks) are quiet effective and useful. 


Elle 18 Eyeliner Black
Rs 45 for 4.5ml
An eyeliner is not part of my daily makeup routine but I like to apply it when I'm all dolled up.This product was highly recommended by a friend who swears by it and after buying it I can understand why.Its easy to use especially for amateurs like me and the applicator is super thin which gives a nice precise thin line and glides easily without creating a mess.The quantity is good enough for the price and lasts for 4-5 months after which it dries up.Though it is not waterproof and stings when it comes in contact with the eyes but since I use it very occasionally I'm willing to compromise.

Ponds White Beauty Lightening Facial Foam
Rs 60 for 50gms
This is by far the best face wash I have ever used and I will carry this to my grave and not just because its cheap but because it delivers what it claims.This is supposed to be a skin and spots lightening product and is in the form of a foam.Just a pea sized amount is enough and after application my oily face is squeaky clean with no residue or oily film left.And I love it just for this reason.It definitely helps in lightening skin tone and does not leave your face dry.Super for my sensitive and oily skin.

Aloe Gel Tub
Rs 65 for 50gms
This is a lifesaver and I look for excuses to use it.Although fresh Aloe-Vera is supposed to more effective,this can save you time and effort and is multi-purpose.I bought this from a pharmacist and it comes in various sizes though the 50gm jar suits me.
Can be used on minor cuts and burns and to soothe skin.When I'm feeling too lazy to whip up a pack I simply slather this on my face and wash it off after 10 minutes.Great for massaging oily skin.Helps in combating dark circles and lightens blemishes.Can also be applied on hair.This little jar is a must have for every gal.

Avon Naturals Water Lily & Aloe Hand & Body Lotion
Rs69 for 100ml
I bought this because I was bored with the body lotions available and desperately wanted a change.I'm happy I did.It is quiet moisturizing with a pleasant fragrance.It contains Water Lily Extracts which is known for its soothing properties and Aloe Vera which conditions skin.It is light with a runny consistency and can be used in the summers without making you sweat.It's not sticky and is absorbed by the skin quickly which makes it a good hand lotion also.

Oriflame VisionV Lipstick
Rs79 for 2.5gms(Current Catalog Price Rs69) 
I actually bought this for Rs35 back in March and since they were so dirt cheap I bought around 5-6.My only regret is that I should have bought more because I'm left with only two now.These are absolutely great.They come in a variety of 18 great shades comprising of pinks,browns,mauve's,reds and maroons.The color pay-off is good.Staying power is around 2 hours.Contain Vitamin E and keep lips hydrated.Super easy to carry.

Swatches(L-R):Elle 18 Eyeliner Black,VisionV Lipsticks in Pink Lips & Pink Berry
Sunsilk Conditioners
Rs99 for 180ml 
Conditioners are normally used to detangle your hair after shampooing and leave a coating of silicon to make it softer and manageable.All the conditioners do the same thing irrespective of their price.If your not sure check out the list of ingredients at the back of the bottle and you will find that they are the same for most conditioners.Sunsilk is one of the oldest brands in the country and has never compromised in quality.I have used different conditioners but I keep coming back to Sunsilk.My favorite variants are the yellow and pink one.I use these for my pre-shampoo treatment because they are cheap and I can slather it without feeling guilty.A big thumbs up.

With prices sky rocketing everywhere it comes as a relief to know that my most beloved and trustworthy products won't dent my pockets.
Do you have a great bargain buy under Rs100?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post :-).
    will try out the Aloe vera gel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Thanks :) Please do!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig